We are currently working with one of the leading fast-fashion Jerseywear suppliers to the UK and European high street retailers. They are actively looking for an Assistant to the Design Manager to design and develop for the Inditex accounts, such as Zara, Bershka, Pull and Bear, and Stradivarius.
Based in their central London offices you will be responsible for putting together a cohesive trend-driven collection of fashion casual jerseywear across all areas to include sweats, tees, joggers, loungewear and formal jersey. This role would suit a Senior Jerseywear Designer who is looking to step up to the next level and take responsibility for managing a small team
Main responsibilities will include:
- In-depth trend research from the catwalk to high street competitors.
- Create commercial designs that focus on the buyer's needs.
- Build strong relationships with the buyers through the presentation of designs.
- Constant communication with the Turkish office to ensure positive communication od developments, designs and sample requests.
- Create in-depth tech packs and specifications of all designs that are to be sampled.
- International travel for design inspiration / Buyers meetings / and factory visits.
- High level of Adobe CAD skills
- Fully Mac literate including Microsoft office.
- Must have a good creative, yet commercial eye.
- Excellent technical knowledge of casual jersey garments, including fashion tops, bottoms, dresses, sweat and active.
- High level of confidence in a verbal presentation that will instigate new sales and install trust with the buyers.
- Must be innovative and able to problem solve, be adaptable as well as work in a fast-paced and pressured environment.
- Able to work as part of a team as well as showing own initiative.
- Good understanding of business strategy and its needs.
To be considered for this role please submit current CAD Trend report and design work from your portfolio