My client is an established successful supplier of ladies' jersey and woven to several fashion retailers in the UK and overseas For this role we are looking for a designer with good knowledge of dresses day and night, and also beneficial to have knowledge in tops and bottoms.
You will be able to identity new and emerging trends In Curve / plus size and its key departments - with your finger on the pulse on the NH curve brands.
This person will help design and develop exclusive styles in line with our core customer profile and brand direction.
This is a freelance designer role to work in the Curve / Plus Size Department - 2 days a week
Main responsibilities will include:
- Work closely with in house sales team to drive the curve account forward
- Create seasonal mood & trend boards with the design team
- Design seasonal capsule collections along with key shapes, colour palettes and fabric direction
- Research and source new design ideas & fabrics/trims day to day
- Weekly reports looking at the latest trends
- Ability to translate initial ideas & concepts into commercial designs
- Manage Sampling and Development of Critical Path
- Presenting to Buyers
- A strong commercial handwriting,
- Help Identify key opportunities on product for Curve
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Self-motivation & enthusiasm.
- The ability to communicate clearly, effectively, and appropriately with colleagues, China, and others at all levels
- Great Adobe (particularly illustrator) and CAD skills
- A basic knowledge of Microsoft suite
- A relevant Fashion/Textile Design degree.