A very exciting opportunity has arisen not to be missed! I am currently recruiting a children's Accessories and Jewellery Designer to join a client of mine who supply to the high street and large volume retailers. Their design studio is based in Essex and this person will be required to work 3 days a week in the office and 2 days from home.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Ability to design across multiple brands and work under pressure/tight deadlines.
- You will design and deliver tailored products and ranges which target and focus on the customer whilst striving to innovate and influence the commercial fashion market.
- Liaise with Far East factories - discussing sampling requirements.
- Dealing with issues arising with sampling and designs.
- Sample preparation for selection meetings.
- Range Planning.
- Undertake appropriate research, including competition shop analysis, producing trend report and presentations, to ensure a high level of awareness of current and emerging trends and 'must have' products. Apply this knowledge to own work, constantly seeking new selling opportunities while ensuring appropriate fit with the brand strategy.
- Assist with creating first look mood boards, contributing to the inspirational themes, using colour, trend, handmade samples and design sheets. As required, produce work for and attend second look, range building and trade meetings.
- Create inspiring designs, applying appropriate techniques and ideas that excite and inspire the customer. Producing clear and detailed specifications using appropriate design software.
- Develop innovative and original products, with strong sensitivity to material and colour. Ensure products meet the customer profile and brand identity, delivering an appropriate balance of product assortment between high fashion and commerciality.
- Competent Adobe suite skills and good working ability with Microsoft office suite
- CAD Designs experience
- Sound commercial acumen, trading experience and a good ability to understand and interpret financial data.
- Creative flare, with at least 4 years design experience within jewellery and Accessories
- Competent hand making skills - construction of buying samples.
- Knowledge of Far East suppliers and jewellery production processes.
- Good developed understanding of the retail market, fashion trends and brand positioning.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate competently and clearly.