Our client is a design and supplier of fashion accessories for women and girls to many high street retailers and concessions across the UK. They are currently looking to recruit an experienced Assistant Merchandiser for their team.
Under the direction of the Merchandiser, you will support the B&M team to optimise the sales and profit of the department and Accessories through accurate stock management, planning and analysis.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Assist the Merchandiser in the planning of the department.
- Complete seasonal analysis for the department under Merchandiser direction, ensuring accuracy.
- Support the Merchandiser in planning sales and stock phasing by line / category (line cards and/or wssi) in line with company parameters
- Complete daily/weekly/monthly analysis for the department, ensuring accuracy and making recommendations from the analysis
- Pull together markdown proposals with guidance from the Merchandiser, ensuring the markdowns are communicated to the host in a timely and accurate manner. Analyse the effectiveness of each MD/promo.
- Along with the Branch Merchandising team, ensure a focus on stores and take action to potentialise all space.
- Communicate brand activity to the retail team and plan ahead to ensure timely memos, marketing and stock builds for all activity
- Update the WSSI with actual stocks and intake.
- Manage intake with the AB/BAA, highlighting any changes / issues to the Merchandiser / Buyer.
- Under direction from the Merchandiser, manage the MAA to ensure stock is allocated / replenished in line with the department's allocation strategy.
- Organised and methodical approach with attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines.
- Excellent communicator, calm under pressure; assertive yet tactful.
- Able to work across all levels through to Director in a professional manner.
- Numerate, literate, analytical and communicative.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic and enthusiasm to develop career in Retail Merchandising.
- Proactively set goals, manage priorities and take accountability
- Good understanding of the industry and competitors.
- Good knowledge of Excel.