My client is a leading supplier of Menswear across Jersey and Woven to several high street retailers. Due to continued growth, they are looking for sharp astute individuals looking to further develop their career in account management.
The position requires a highly motivated, commercially aware individual with excellent communication skills who can work alongside the Sales Director to maintain and develop their existing customers.
Working closely with the design team, you will need to have an experience of product development, and production.knowlwdge. You should be able to demonstrate menswear product knowledge and experience of liaising and dealing with the Far East. A good knowledge of Jersey and or woven garments is essential for this role.
Main Responsibilities Will Include:
- Communicate with Buyers/customers on a day to day issues
- Product development and managing the critical path
- Coordinate activity of fabric, garment techs, merchandising and design teams to ensure on-time delivery of product development projects
- General Admin, chasing samples, organising samples, taking photos of garments, keeping clear records of submits and approvals
- Provide guidance and assistance to design teams to ensure product development aligns with internal strategy and customer strategy
- In conjunction with the design team, and sales director present a new product to customers
- Negotiate prices in line with customer requirements and targets and agree on cost prices with customers
- Travel throughout the UK to visit existing customers
- Must possess excellent inter personal and communication (both verbal and written) skills
- Ability to take direction; work as part of a team as well as on their own initiative
- Previous experience working for a menswear supplier highly advantageous
- Good understanding of Jersey or Woven garments preferably within menswear
- Willing to learn and hungry for success
- Must be capable of working under pressure
- Have an ability to work to critical deadlines
- Be able to work unsupervised in an accurate, methodical and organised manner with attention to detail
- Hold a full UK Driving License
- Experience working with India, Sri Lanka or Bangladesh factories preferred